The recreational opportunity is provided by the park to both individuals and families. It is really an amazing place to escape from everyday life.
- There are a variety of attractions offered to the visitors that include a Nature Center, hiking trail, a garden, suspension bridge, a natural spring system, and picnic area with sitting arrangements. The park holds plenty of benches from where guests can have a rest and enjoy bird watching along the path.
- Nature Centre: One of the topmost attractions is the “Nature Centre” of this park. It gives you the opportunity of having enormous fun with plenty of interactive activities and exhibits. Guests of all ages can enjoy here by witnessing the live animals, hands-on displays, peaceful deck, and a classroom. It becomes easy to keep your kid engaged for whole day in this beautiful park. Make sure you come here on weekdays because this part is closed on Sundays.
- Walking Trail:There is a 3-mile walking trail at the park. The trail features a great forest setting and is a good fit for hikers. People with all skill levels can walk through the trail as it is easy enough to walk. Primarily it is used for hiking, walking, wildlife witnessing, and nature trips by the visitors. There is no worry of getting lost in it because the trails are marked clearly. You can also take your pets (dog) with yourself if kept carefully under control.
- Ray Harral Nature Park & Center is run by the city of Broken Arrow Parks and Recreation Department that organizes special events throughout the year.
- The park is open year-round but the Nature Center is open from November to February (8:00 am to 5 pm) and from March to October (10 am to 7 pm).
Activities: The best on-site activity at this place is hiking. You can also spend some time in the picnic shelter and park bench if you want. There is a flowering garden area and suspension bridge to witness. This place gives you a chance to mountain bike and views wildlife from sunrise to sunset.
Plan your visit: The park opens daily from 10 am to 7 pm except for Sundays. It will take around 2 hours to visit this place so make your plans accordingly. Admission to this Nature Park & Center is free for visitors.
What to Expect: You can expect lots of peace and closer view of nature here. While sitting outdoor at the picnic shelters or the benches placed along the path you can gaze at the birds.