The Aquarium at the Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum is one of its most significant attractions. It features over 1.5 million gallons of water and more than 35,000 live animals, including fish, sharks, rays, and sea turtles. The aquarium is home to a wide variety of marine species and features exhibits that showcase different marine ecosystems from around the world. Visitors can watch in awe as sharks swim over their heads in the Shark Alley exhibit, or marvel at the majestic rays in the Stingray Bay exhibit.
The Wildlife Galleries
The Wildlife Galleries at the Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum are another major attraction. The galleries feature life like dioramas that depict animals in their natural habitats, giving visitors an immersive experience of the animal world. The galleries showcase animals from different regions of the world, including Africa, North America, and the Arctic. Visitors can witness the beauty of a herd of elephants in the African Savanna exhibit or marvel at the sight of a grizzly bear catching a fish in the Rocky Mountain exhibit.
Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife Collection
This unique exhibit showcases the private collection of Johnny Morris, the founder of Bass Pro Shops and the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium. Morris has spent decades traveling the world and collecting some of the most spectacular specimens of wildlife and marine life. Visitors can see everything from rare birds and butterflies to exotic fish and seashells. The exhibit also features artifacts and memorabilia from Morris’ adventures, including photographs and equipment.
- The Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium is one of the largest and most significant conservation-based attractions in the world.
- The museum features a unique conservation education program that aims to inspire visitors to protect the environment and its inhabitants.
- The aquarium has the largest collection of sharks in the Midwest and the second-largest collection of conch shells in the world.
- The Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium has won numerous awards, including the Best Aquarium in the United States Award in 2018 and the Best New Attraction in America in 2017.
Visitors to the Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium can participate in a wide range of activities, including:
- Animal Encounters – Visitors can get up close and personal with some of the museum’s animals by participating in animal encounters. These experiences allow visitors to feed, touch, and learn about animals such as stingrays, sloths, and penguins.
- Fishing and Hunting Simulators – The museum also features simulators that allow visitors to experience the thrill of fishing and hunting without leaving the building. The simulators feature realistic scenery and provide visitors with an educational experience about the importance of conservation.
- Conservation Programs – The museum and aquarium are committed to conservation efforts and offer a variety of programs and initiatives that visitors can participate in. These programs range from citizen science projects to community outreach events.
What to expect:
Visitors to the Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium can expect an immersive experience that combines education, entertainment, and conservation. The museum and aquarium are designed to transport visitors to some of the most stunning ecosystems in the world and provide them with an up-close look at the animals that inhabit them. Visitors can expect to see some of the world’s most iconic wildlife and marine life, as well as learn about conservation efforts and the challenges facing these animals.
Plan to visit:
The best time to visit the Wonders Of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium is during the weekdays when there are fewer crowds. Visitors should check the official website for more information about fees and entry times. Visitors should plan to spend at least 2-3 hours at the museum to fully experience all that it has to offer. Lastly, don’t forget to check out the museum and aquarium’s cafe, which offers a variety of food and beverage options. You can take a break from your exploration and enjoy a meal while overlooking the stunning outdoor exhibits.