Mesker Park Zoo & Botanic Garden is one of the famous zoos in Evansville, Indiana, United States. It was opened in 1928 and currently accommodating around 700 animals. This park is connecting people from all around the world due to its natural collection of different animals and species. It is located on 45-scenic acres on the northwest side of Evansville. The zoo is immersed in natural beauty from the South American rainforest of Amazonia to the Family Garden and Lake Victoria; where you can come to enjoy and have a fun-filled day trip.
- Wildlife and Lake Victoria: Here you will get to see wildlife from the plains of Africa, Mexican gray wolves, elephants, Donna the Hippo, giraffes, and zebras. Visitors are allowed to have a close-up encounter with these species. Other than this there is the famous Lake Victoria located in the center of the rolling hills of Mesker Park Zoo. This beautiful lake contributes to the well-being of the wildlife and adds an adventure of paddle boat rides to it.
- Botanical Garden: Make sure to bring a camera with you. Here at the botanical garden, you can take a lot of pictures in this garden. There are various live plants including towering trees and exotic tropical inside Amazonia that feature several gardens designed for a better guest experience. Most of the plants are part of animal’s diets. Each year Orchid Escape event is held where guests can also purchase the specimens of plants.
- Amazonia: Don’t forget to travel to the heart of the Amazon. It is a 20,000 square foot “greenhouse” where you can explore the beauty and diversity of animal and plant life. The greenhouse gives you a constant temperature of 75 degrees while exploring through AMAZONIA. Tropical trees and palms soar make it greener for Howler Monkeys and Toucans to live. At each end of the trail, you will find many creatures.
- It is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
- Initially, it was opened with two lion cubs, some antelope, and an elephant only.
What to Expect: Mesker Park Zoo opens daily from 9 am to 4 pm. You must register and Sign-In to reserve the tickets as the tickets are time-slotted with limited capacity. For additional fun for visitors, there is a playground, cafe, gift shop, and tram to spend time.
Plan your visit: Once you make your reservation you can come here any time. For detailed information, you must have to check the official website and check the updated events and timings. It is advised to take a look at the zoo map before starting your tour. For guidance, you can ask the zookeepers at the zoo.