- Sea TREK & DIVR+: When you start participating in the activities here, you will be spellbound by the fully guided underwater experience suitable for swimmers. Not only that, DIVR+ is a virtual reality snorkeling system with sensory feedback that provides an unimaginable VR experience. You are required to wear an underwater VR headset to explore the world of aquatic life with Underwater Astronaut Trainer. You can also enjoy the thrilling journey with SCUBA diving. Once you are done with that you will be trained in the skill of being confident and safe underwater.
- Apollo 11 VR: As you wander around this place, you will feel the complete recreation and emotions of the team that built the spaceship to reach the moon. The VR experience stimulates your imagination by taking you back to the events in July 1969. A never before breathtaking encounter can be experienced at the US space rocket center.
- Flight Simulator and Shuttle Experience: Always been curious as to what is inside the closed door at the front of the flight where only pilots are allowed. Time to end it, come to the US space rocket center and learn to fly the F-18 Super Hornet as you sit in a cockpit. If you think you drive the team to and fro from the moon, select the Shuttle Experience, or Premium Experience to travel into orbit.
- Huntsville is known as the “Rocket City” because Alabama is where the rockets were developed for the 1969 mission.
- This place is operated by the Government of Alabama, Dr. Wernher von Braun and his team were the real role model who transformed the city.
Activities: There is a gift shop from where you can purchase items for your loving ones. The place is for kids, families, and space loves to enjoy and learn about the space. Make time for DIVR+ virtual reality snorkeling experience, the journey of Apollo 11 (documentary), and a flight simulator that will teach you to fly aircraft.
What to Expect: Guests will never go disappointed from here. The various kind of exhibits, movies and shows will keep them fully entertained. The place is full of virtual space experiences that give visitors a simulating feeling like an actual space. Those who feel difficulty in walking can access Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs).
Plan your visit: US space rocket center is open for visitors during day time. From Tuesday to Friday opening timings are 10 am to 4 pm, on Saturday the timings are 10 am to 5 pm and on Sunday it is open from 11 am to 5 pm. Also, you have to pay the admission fee to get an entry here. Children of 4 and under are allowed free to enter but others have to pay the charges. For children from 5 years to 12 the admission fee is $17 and adults & seniors are charged a $24 admission fee. Avoid coming on Monday because it will be closed that day.