- Animal and Exhibit – Be ready to get amazed. This place hosts some beautiful animals and exceptional exhibitions. The Peoria Zoo is home to 6 species, 7 amphibians, 8 birds, 25 reptiles, 37 mammals, and 4 invertebrates. The Zoo also offers 6 exhibitions to thrill your adventurer. One of the top adventures is giraffe feeding in Africa exhibitions and Budgie Feeding in the AustalianWalk About.
- Rental and event – Howl-Zoo-Ween and the Easter Egg Hunt are the two biggest events. The Peoria Zoo is dedicated to make your important days extra special. That includes weddings, birthdays, showers, and Private rooms. The Zambezi River Lodge is available for corporate events, wedding receptions, and special celebrations.
- Classroom and programs – These classes at the Peoria zoo are 30-35 minutes in duration. They make your visit to any zoo a lot more exciting. Anyone above the age of 2 can take these classes. Here they offer various home school classes, Zoo Tots, Jungle Jamboree, summer Zoo Camps, and Zoo Teens volunteer program activities.
- The most famous “Africa exhibit” opened in 2009. It took 10 years of planning and two and a half years of construction.
- Over the past 50 years, the location of they kept changing the zoo, eventually shifting near the lagoon in Glen Oak Park.
Activities – Don’t forget to take an extra tour or experience of the amazing camps at this place. The zoo is surrounded by many delicious restaurants to rejuvenate your taste buds. You can also visit nearby popular places such as Grand view Drive, Dozer Park, and Caterpillar visitor center. Wondering what could be the perfect gift this year? Membership makes an amazing gift throughout the year! You can purchase the gift card from the website too.
What to expect – This place can be visited in two to three hours. It opens at 10 am and remains open till 4.30 pm. The zoo is now open for visitors and after the reopening of the zoo you are required to follow multiple regulations. The staff here is friendly and knowledgeable. The zoo and the safari gift shop are limited to 25% of its capacity.
Plan to visit – Keeping in mind the Covid situation you will be asked to wear a mask and maintain proper social distancing at the place. The ticket price for adults is $10.50, for children, it is $7.50, and for senior citizens and active Military members, the price is $9.50. Get your tickets to this place online and enjoy your ride. Remember to get your photo ID cards with you at the place.