It was founded in 1955, and the museum is located in Oklahoma City. So cheer up and explore National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum where everything around you will reflect the American Indian cowboy culture.
- Events – The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum offers you a wide variety of events throughout the year to keep you entertained and indulged. Get ready to witness more than 10 events, each exceptional to keep you amazed. To figure out the best one that suits you check the museum’s program about the events and workshops depending on the age of the group you are visiting. When you move out, you will feel more enriched with knowledge of the American culture and values of the past. Be updated on the museum’s program to find out about the workshops, events, and exhibitions for you and your children on their website.
- Exhibitions– Here is your chance to dive into the pool of knowledge and understand the nuances of the history of our American culture. All the exhibitions are interactive and soul-winning. The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum presents an internationally popular collection of Western art and artifacts. You are also offered a dynamic educational program to engage your interest on a deeper level.
- Collection– The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum features a unique perspective of a rare view of the American West. From picture to that will lit up your curiosity to major holdings in Western material culture, frontier military items, American Indian art, and artifacts. You get goosebumps as you explore more of the American West, about the land, and the great personalities in the hall of fame and awards sections.
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum exhibits more than 28,000 Western and American Indian artworks and artifacts.
- In 1960, the name was changed to the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center, to honor the cowboy and the era.
Activities: The place lets you enjoy the exhibits of western history, art, and culture. Various events and educational programs are also organized in order to promote the culture of the American West. You can come here and see the galleries with art and artifacts of American Cowboys, American Rodeo, and Native American art.
Plan your visit: This place opens every day from 10 am to 5 pm except Sundays. If you are planning to come here on Sunday make sure you reach hereafter 12. For admission, purchase the tickets. For adults, it is $12.50 and for children from 6 to 12 admission fee is $5.75. Children under 6 are allowed free entry.
What to Expect: You can expect various art and culture exhibits related to American West. Photographs are allowed to click but for personal use only not for commercial.